CAS (creativity, activity and service) is at the heart of the Diploma Programme. Successfull completion of CAS is a requiriment for the award of the IB Diploma. While not formally assessed, students reflect on their CAS experiences and provide evidence in their CAS portfolios of achieving the seven learning outcomes.
The CAS programme formally begins at the start of the Diploma Programme and continues regularly, ideally on a weekly basis, for at least 18 months with a reasonable balance between creativity, activity and service.
The CAS programme aims to develop students who:
- Enjoy and find significance in a range of CAS experiences,
- Purposefully reflect upon their experiences,
- Identify goals, develop strategies and determine further actions for personal growth,
- Explore new possibilities, embrace new challenges and adapt to new roles,
- Actively participate in planned, sustained, and collaborative CAS projects,
- Understand they are members of local and global communities with responsibilities towards each other and the environment.
In CAS, there are seven learning outcomes:
- Identify own strengths and develop areas for growth.
- Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process.
- Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience.
- Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences.
- Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively.
- Demonstrate engagement with the issues of global significance.
- Recognise and consider the ethics of choices and actions.
The mission of our school is educate not only academically but also socially successful students who care themselves and the environments and try to find solutions to local and global problems. Therefore, in recognition of contribution of social activities to this meaningful purpose, all social activities and clubs are provided for not only IBDP 11th and 12th grade students but also all students from prep classes to 12th grade.
2016-2017 Academik Year Social Activities/Clubs Lists.
|ENGLISH BOARD GAMES|
|FIT START CARDIO(GIRLS)|
Service Projects at BELS
Books Speaking Project
“We are looking at the same sky” – Gambia Project
Corridor Library Project