Library Circulation Rules
- Our school teachers, students and staff are members of our library automatically.
- Teachers may borrow up to 40 printed items and 15 multimedia items (DVDs, CDs, etc.) at any one time. Printed items are lent for 120 days, and multimedia items for 15 days.
- Multimedia items can be only borrowed by teachers and administrative staff.
- Students and administrative staff may borrow up to 10 printed items at any one time. Printed items are lent for 15 days.
- Administrative staff may borrow up to 7 multimedia items (DVDs, CDs, etc.) at any one time. Multimedia items are lent for 7 days.
- Students and teachers may borrow only one journal (Except the most recent issues) at any time. Journals are lent for 7 days.
- Teachers can borrow one current journal at any time. Current journals are lent for one day.
- Reference books cannot be borrowed. These books can be used only in the library.
- The loan-period of material which has not been “reserved” (on hold) by another user may be extended twice online using the Borrower Services on the Bilkent Library website. Materials to be renewed more than twice should be brought to the Library.
- Users will receive a reminder e-mail three days before the due-date of an individual item.
- The Library will attempt to notify readers by e-mail when materials are past due.
- The borrower bears full responsibility for their timely return.
- In the case of loss or damage of a book, journal or non-book item, the reader will be obliged to pay the replacement cost value in Turkish Liras at the Central Bank rate of exchange prevailing on the day of payment, plus shipping and the cost of processing the new item, according to the material type. The cost is calculated as follows: Adding 25% to the value of the Turkish books and 50% of the international books.
- Damaged materials are not accepted to Library. They are given to users.
- Parents may borrow up to 5 books at any one time. The loan-period of material which has not been “reserved” (on hold) by another user may be extended once.
- Reserve materials cannot be borrowed. These materials can be used only in the library.
- The graduates must submit the materials that they have taken from the library. Otherwise, they will not be given their IB Passwords.
- Students who leave before graduation must submit the materials that they have taken from the library. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to leave the school.
P.S: BELS High School Library users may borrow from the Bilkent Erzurum Elementary/Middle School Library with the permission of the Librarians . Bilkent Erzurum Elementary/Middle School Library user may borrow from BELS High School Library with the permission of the Librarians.